Monday, April 23, 2007

Think Positive

Aside from all the other things I have had to deal with this week, I have known since last Thursday that My Dearly Befuddled will have to have surgery.

Last Wednesday she had to have a transfusion to correct dangerously low hemoglobin levels (5.8). We were told at the time that her levels were so low she was in danger of having a heart attack at any moment. She had essentially been bleeding out since a routine procedure in early March. All the while, doctors insisted that the bleeding was normal and would stop in time. It didn't.

Tomorrow morning, way to early for civilized society, she will go under the knife to remove what is causing the bleeding. It has been incredibly stressful. Not to be overly dramatic, but I don't know what I would do without Scroo-loo by my side. She has been my most faithful companion for over 20 years and even though I understand that the surgery is routine, the slim chance that something could go wrong has weighed heavily on my mind.

If you're the praying sort, will you say one for the missus? And if not, a positive thought or two will do just as nicely.

I'll update readership tomorrow when I get a chance.

No comments: