Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Put This in Your Pipe...

This one's for the Wyoming Mole: I might be out on a limb assuming you have yet to make its acquaintance, but given the quality of the latest offering now seems like a perfect time to introduce you to the genius of Iowahawk:

When I first learned of the arrest of my colleague Professor Henry Louis "Skip" Gates after he stood up to the fascist jackboots of a declasse, ill-educated Cambridge police officer, I was of course angered -- but scarcely shocked. L'Affaire Gates simply aired, in public, the dirty 100-thread-count table linen of an American culture where Harvard faculty assholes still face a daily struggle against profiling, abuse, and insolence.

Check it out.

And then, check out the great Seething Midwest Explodes Over Lombardi Cartoons, and one of my personal favorites, Flood Ravaged Iowans Idiotically Move On:

As an Iowan and the proud owner of two big screen LCDs from Coralville Rent-A-Center, I've seen my share of weather disasters. But, even with full 1080p HD, I never really stopped to think that it could happen to me. So when the floodwaters of the Iowa River reached my own home this week, I suppose I was unprepared for the devastation -- and the aftershock that my fellow Iowans would sabotage my once-in-a-lifetime golden ticket on the FEMA gravy train.

Good stuff at the homepage too.

No comments: