Thursday, July 24, 2008

Icky

I'm not even sure what the conventional thinking is on this, but I wonder if Obama's Germany visit wasn't a gigantic, even election costing, mistake. Seeing the pictures of Obama sucking up the adoration of a nation not his own seems incredibly uncomfortable.

No one likes an ass kisser. And Obama isn't running for "president of the world."

I could be completely wrong, and certainly the MSM is all atwitter with Obama's majesty. But I can't help but think that, to the average voter, Obama's seeming comfort level with the adoration of people that have no say in how America is shaped is unseemly at best.

What country does Obama expect to be president of? And, if elected, where exactly do his allegiances lie?

It is arrogance personified and I think it will have a major backlash. But, what do I know?

No comments: