Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Great Moments in Bacon History

In honor of Blog for Bacon 2008, we'll look back at some of the signature moments in bacon history.

On film:

Something About Bacon: Here you've been in therapy, you know, thinking you blew it with the greatest girl ever, and really it turns out that getting your bacon stuck in your zipper was the best thing that ever happened to you.

Baconator: At my signal, unleash bacon.

The Bacon Strikes Back: Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that bacon, not excuses.

Field of Bacon: The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been bacon. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But bacon has marked the time. This field, this meat: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again.

In music:

Baconica:
I have lost the will to live
Simply nothing more to give
There is nothing more for me
Need the bacon to set me free

Iron Bacon:
In a time when dinosaurs walked the earth
When the land was swamp and caves were home
In an age when prize possession was bacon
To search for landscapes men would roam.

Barry Baconlow:
Tony always tended bar
Across the crowded floor, they worked from 8 til 4
They were young and they had bacon
Who could ask for more?

Baconic Figures:

Abraham Bacoln: Those who deny bacon to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it.

Winston Baconhill: All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: bacon.

Karl Porx: Bacon heals doubts as well as diseases.

George W. Bacon: After the chaos and carnage of September 11th, it is not enough to serve our enemies bacon.

Jesus of Baconeth: What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his bacon.

Leonardo da Bacon:
I have offended God and mankind because my bacon didn't reach the quality it should have.

Bacon E. Lee:
Bacon - I like it, I always did, and that is the reason I never use it.

No comments: