Monday, June 11, 2007

Goodbyes

Today we said our goodbyes to Private First Class Teaparty. She's off for basic training in South Carolina until mid-August. It was a fairly emotional goodbye and it occurred to me only moments before she left that she is too young for this. I mean, she's not really. It just feels that way.

Keep her safety in your thoughts will you?

Last night we said goodbye to The Sopranos, which has certainly felt like a member of the family for the better part of the last decade. I've heard a lot of criticism about the finale, but I thought it was exactly is it should have been. In the end, there is no end, just the continuation of the status quo. Tom sent a link to this post, which sums up my thoughts on the series ending perfectly:

It was the perfect ending. No ending at all. Write your own goddamn ending.

Indeed.

No comments: