Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Roasting Over A Slow Fire

Is it a crime to donate money to 527s all of a sudden? Or, just to ones that don't support John Kerry? Following is a partial transcript of the interrogation of GOP donor Sam Fox on his contributions to the Swiftboat Vets for Truth:

KERRY: And you don't know who asked you.

FOX: No, sir, I really don't. I do not know who asked me.If you were to take our 1,000 contributions and go right down the list, I bet you I couldn't give you five percent of them, of who asked me.

KERRY: Do you recall whether it was somebody in Missouri or was it in person? Was it is by telephone?

FOX: I have no recollection.

KERRY: No recollection of how that came about.

FOX: No, sir.

KERRY: Do you recall thinking about it at all?

FOX: No more than that somebody must have asked and I gave.

KERRY: Boy, no wonder so many people are here to embrace your-- what about now? How do you feel about it now, knowing what you know today?

FOX: Mr. Senator, let me say this. Be it 527 or anything else, if I thought what they were printing was not true, I would not contribute to it.

No one expects the Kerry Inquisition.

UPDATE: Instapundit defines "Swiftboating:"

"Swiftboating" seems to mean the disclosure of truths that are, er, inconvenient for Democrats. Likewise "smears."

No comments: