Friday, June 10, 2005

You Gotta Love Those Aussies

I was apprised of this wonderful letter to America by Republican Jen, of the AOL alliance.

Paul Edwards, Aussie blogger, posted an open letter to America which is a little different than the type of thing we have grown used to hearing from the rest of the world. It will do your heart good to read it. Here's an excerpt:

And then there's the fact that after 9/11, instead of nuking the entire Middle East in response, you instead freed 52 million people from state-slavery/holocaust/institutionalized rape, and then poured BILLIONS into those countries, on top of the BILLIONS that the war cost itself, plus the sacrifice of your countrymen. All while everyone is accusing you of stealing oil. I don't know why these ingrates don't thank you for all you have done. Maybe it's because they're ingrates? Maybe with education their children will thank you. Just like European children thank you. Hmmmm. Hmmmm. Nevermind about that. Let me thank you instead. Thanks America!

I would, in turn, like to thank Paul Edwards and his country, not only for their support in the war on terror, but also for the Fosters Lager of which I have ingested copious amounts this evening. Although it has made typing a bit tricky, it was worth it.

My dearly Befuddled also thanks you for everything, but mostly for the beer, which is the only brand she will drink. Getting my missus sauced is but one of many ways that Australia has improved my life.

No comments: