Friday, June 17, 2005

Durbin Regrets We "Misunderstood"

Illinois Senator Dick Durbin has released a statement at his website regarding his malicious and idiotic statements on the floor of the senate Tuesday night.

“More than 1700 American soldiers have been killed in Iraq and our country’s standing in the world community has been badly damaged by the prison abuses at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this Administration which add to the risk our soldiers face.”

“I will continue to speak out when I disagree with this Administration.”


“I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support.”
(emphasis added)

This does not get it done Mr. Durbin. How dare you insult our intelligence by insisting that we "misunderstood" your perfectly clear statements Tueday night, and your defense of those statements for the last two days. To then have the audacity to tell us that our troops deserve "respect, admiration, and total support," adds insult to the injury.

You are a disgrace to the senate, to your party, and to America.

No comments: