It's always in the background but its one of those things you're not allowed to say: abortion rights were born in racism. Here's Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg this very week:
Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion.
I know, you immediately wonder who "populations that we don’t want to have too many of" refers to. Who wouldn't? Well, apparently the NYT reporter (whose job it is to think of these things) didn't find the follow-up worth the effort, and instead immediately changed the subject:
Q: When you say that reproductive rights need to be straightened out, what do you mean?
Ginsburg just admitted publicly that she understood choice as a way to control "certain" populations. Nothing newsworthy there...apparently.
Then there's Obama's "Science Czar" John Holdren. Zombie reports on Holdren's 1977 book "Ecoscience," which includes support for the following:
• Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;
• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation's drinking water or in food;
• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
• People who "contribute to social deterioration" (i.e. undesirables) "can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility" -- in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
• A transnational "Planetary Regime" should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans' lives -- using an armed international police force.
Yes, these are liberals in charge of justice and science at the highest levels of government.
"Reproductive rights," it turns out is just another sweet sounding bumper sticker slogan used to distract people from the elites actual, self-admitted goal of reigning in the populations of undesirable populations - those who contribute to social deterioration.
Could these people be any more creepy?