Monday, January 14, 2008

What a Crappy Day

Tim Blair has cancer.

It's weird, really. What a commentary on the incredible times we live in. I've never had the pleasure of meeting him, although he would certainly crack the top ten people I'd like to meet. I know him only through his daily additions to the Great Debate. He's a pioneer, the greatest blogger of our time; the first site I check in the morning and the last I check at the end of the day.

And so it is that, from rural Minnesota, I am somehow personally invested in the life of Tim Blair, who lives in Australia, and who I've never met or had a single conversation. Yet, reading his bad news today bore no real difference to hearing it from a friend. It sucked just as much.

Now, certainly he will beat this thing. But, as I've learned from previous experiences with this horrible affliction, love helps. So, I'm tossing a little love (purely platonic of course) his way.

This tiny corner of the world will be thinking about you daily TB, hoping and praying for the best. I think this will turn out to be yet another way you prove an inspiration.

A MOST EXCELLENT UPDATE: Results of Monday’s CAT scan are in. There is no spread of the malignancy; zip, zero, zilch. It’s entirely localised. Medical science may disagree, but I think credit should go to readers and fellow bloggers. Your thoughts and prayers have eerie powers.

No comments: