Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fiction Becomes Reality

I wish I'd have thought of this. Hillary Clinton is perfectly cast as a real life Tracy Flick, the victory obsessed candidate for student council in "Election," one of my all-time favorite movies.

A high point in the movie was from anti-establishment candidate Tammy Metzler's campaign speech:

TM: ...The same pathetic charade happens every year, and everyone makes the same pathetic promises just so they can put it on their transcripts to get into college. So vote for me, because I don't even want to go to college, and I don't care, and as president I won't do anything. The only promise I will make is that if elected I will immediately dismantle the student government, so that none of us will ever have to sit through one of these stupid assemblies again!

[Student body erupts in huge cheers]

TM: Or don't vote for me... who cares? Don't vote at all!

Awesome.

Via Power Line

No comments: