Friday, September 28, 2007

Room On the Limb?

Despite his embarrassing pick to win last year's WCHA title, the Elder's hockey prognostication has been unmatched over the previous couple of years. Now he puts that reputation on the line concerning this Sunday's football game:

For I am now going on record as predicting that this very Sunday, the Minnesota Vikings will shock the world (and the States) by defeating the hated Green and Gold interlopers from the East.

I'd settle for keeping Favre from securing the touchdown record, which would be yet another highlight reel Viking fans would have to suffer through - like Tony Dorsett's 99-yard run, or Jim Marshall running the wrong way - until the end of time.

Then again, I would be lying if I didn't say I'd been getting a similar tickle over the course of the week. Which is, of course, a sure way to insure the opposite happens.

I apologize in advance.

No comments: