Friday, October 13, 2006

And We Thought They Didn't Listen

I supervised a handful of kids today as they performed cemetery clean-up duties to fulfill community service obligations. The young delinquents performed very well for the most part. I did have to remind one kid, who called me an ass, that I was doing him the favor and if he wanted me to sign off on his service he better find the capacity for respect. Once he understood I had zero patience for taking crap he turned out to be a pretty decent sort.

At one point I asked another kid, a freshman in high school, what he had done to deserve his fine fate.

His response?

"Let's just say I made some bad choices."

Who says kids don't listen in school? They might not be learning how to behave, but they sure as hell are learning how to spin.

No comments: