Thursday, March 23, 2006

Boy Goes to Church

The Boy made his first trip to the Excel Center Tuesday night and saw the Wild beat Calgary 3-1. The third goal was an empty net so it was a close game. Gaborik set a new single season high for goals on the night he was a captain for the first time, and we got a chance to see Jordan Leopold in an NHL jersey. Man I miss that guy. Another former Gopher, Erik Westrum, also wore the home greens for the first time.

The highlight for us was Rolston's goal in the second. A breakaway that ended with a sweet move right at our feet.

Although The Boy was pretty excited about going to see the Wild, I have to admit I was probably more excited to bring him. I even brought a camera, not my usual MO. I got him to pose long enough to get the shot above, which I thought turned out pretty good.

Our family dentist offers us a game every year which I generally have declined because we owe him money for one thing or another. I couldn't resist the chance though, to take The Boy to a game, especially since he has gone so completely over the moon for it over the last few months. He knew more of the players names than I did.

I had a blast. Thanks Doc.

No comments: