Thursday, August 04, 2005

Is It Just Me?

Air America is stealing money from kids and alzheimers patients? "America Coming Together" is folding? Robert Novak lost it on CNN? Is it just me, or is there absolutely nothing very interesting happening in the world of politics lately?

I just can't get excited about the NYT looking into John Roberts adoptions, or the usual Bush-bashers still trying to defeat a second term president who won't even be running for office. That Air America would take money from inner city kids to run it's smear machine doesn't even come as a surprise.

The fun of being a political junkie is the Great Debate, but the left has been absent from this debate for five years. The sniping and the embarrasing displays of mental bankruptcy have grown weary and no longer even offer the inspiration for an argument.

Perhaps it's just my mood lately, but the contemplating the Democratic Party and the liberal establishment feels like chewing on a week old pancake. They simply don't warrant the time and effort needed to demonstrate how silly and stupid they have become.

Maybe what I need is a week off. I'm not sure. I'll get back to you tommorrow.

No comments: