Saturday, July 16, 2005

Humor...From National Review?

Eric Pfieffer of National Review braved the Che Geuvara t-shirts and dreadlocks of the Moveon protest in front of the White House, to heroically bring back a report to the sheeple on how it went.

In reading the piece, I noticed something curious. There seems to be a central brain, if you will, which Moveon members may query anytime they face a tough question fro ma reality-based person, like Pfeiffer.

When it was my turn to speak, I asked Matzzie if it was fair for MoveOn to be demanding Rove’s termination when he had not even been formally accused, let alone found guilty, of any wrongdoing. Matzzie looked irritated and said, “I have to go speak to the group," before hustling into the crowd of protesters who had begun moving from the White House gates back onto Pennsylvania Avenue. Just when I thought I had missed my opportunity, Mattzie reemerged, pointed a finger at me and shouted, “He needs to be held accountable! Now!" before disappearing back into the crowd.

No doubt to go thank central brain for the timely and substantive answer.

Another thing I noticed was the difficulty the protestors seem to have collecting their thoughts and staying on topic.

As the protesters encircled Mattzie with shouts of “Whose house? Our house!” the MoveOn operative waved a MoveOn press release in the air then repeated his talking points to the crowd. Mattzie seemed to struggle with his words, stumbling over the line about Rove and patriotism, before finding the strength to yell, “Rove must go!” Meanwhile, near the back of the crowd a small group had decided to take the protest in a different direction. I heard cries of “Bush’s Iraq policy…” before a MoveOn organizer quickly rushed to the scene and put the demonstrators back on message.

And thus...talking points were born. This a fun read and worthy of a Saturday afternoon.

Also posting: Museum of Left-Wing Lunacy

No comments: